When a Micro Motion flowmeter is calibrated for density measurement, density calibration factors are set prior to shipment. An example of the results of a typical calibration is shown below:
- Tube period of air (K1) 10484
- Tube period of water (K2) 10966
- Density of air (D1) 0.0010
- Density of water (D2) 0.9982
- Temperature coefficient 4.39
A temperature coefficient is used to automatically compensate for any effect of temperature on the stiffness of the flow tube material.
The result of the density calibration is the linear relationship defined by the two points (air and water). For simplicity, the line is often redefined by specifying the points that would represent densities of 0 and 1 g/cc.